- MCFRS Home
- Chief's Blog
Thursday, March 11, 2010
* Properly dispose of all smoking materials
* Maintain and properly use gas and electrical appliances.
* Never leave food cooking unattended; turn off the burner if you leave.
* Keep matches and lighters away from children.
* Never leave candles burning unattended.
* Develop and practice a fire escape plan.
Fire can spread rapidly through your home, leaving you as little as two minutes to escape safely. Your ability to get out depends on advance warning from smoke alarms and advance planning—a home fire escape plan that everyone in your family is familiar with and has practiced.
Remember, when you change your clock, check your smoke alarms and batteries – put a finger on it!
Information & Disclaimer
If you are reporting an emergency call
Social Media Policy: http://montgomerycountymd.gov/content/mcginfo/siteFiles/socialMediaPolicy.asp
Our Social Media & Web Links
- ► 2014 (111)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (225)
- ▼ March (5)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ► 2008 (21)