Monday, January 17, 2011

Update: Whole Foods & Fire Station 6 A-Shift Partner on 28 Day Health Challenge

NOTE: Below is a quick update from the crew at Bethesda Fire Station #6 A-Shift as they finish off their first week on the Engine 2 Diet.


By Fire Fighter Troy Jones

On day1 we had oatmeal for breakfast and frozen mixed veggies for lunch. Dinner was the first try at a recipe out the book which was the pasta primavera (kale, corn, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, pasta sauce over whole grain pasta).

As the designated Chef for dinner, I was very nervous that the guys would not like it but, to my surprise, they ate it and thought it was pretty good! On Thursday the guys had boca burgers with some mixed results. Next shift we will try another recipe from the dinner menu.

In addition, I have been making some of the recipes at home with a few modifications. So far I have gotten pretty good results as I have lost 5 lbs. and feel I have a lot more energy. Most of the guys are enhancing their results by doing vigorous exercise as well.

No comments: