Just in case, I thought it would be useful to post the signs and symptoms of Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke. Warning signs can vary among individuals but common signs of heat exhaustion or heat stroke may include:
- Heavy sweating
- Muscle cramps
- Pulse rate: fast and weak
- Breathing: fast and shallow
- Nausea or vomiting
- Headache and/or dizziness
- An extremely high body temperature (above 103 degrees)
- The absence of sweating
- Rapid pulse
- Difficulty breathing
- Throbbing headache
- Strange behavior and/or hallucinations
- Confusion, agitation and disorientation
If you recognize that you, or someone else, is showing signs of a heat-related illness, stop the activity immediately, find a cool place to rest, hydrate and seek medical attention if necessary.
Remember, Heat Stroke is a MEDICAL EMERGENCY that can be fatal if not treated promptly. Call 911 right away if you suspect Heat Stroke.