· Never put your home address on your luggage tags. Write your phone number instead.
· Make copies of all of your credit cards, important identification information, including your medical insurance cards. Take one copy with you (pack it separately from the cards themselves) and leave one copy at home.
· Make sure all of the doors and windows to your home are secured and locked. It sounds like a no-brainer but many thieves gain access through unlocked windows and doors.
· Never post your travel plans on social media networks. The pictures of your non-stop fun and adventures are great – just wait until you return home to post.
· Let your trusted neighbors know you’ll be away so they can keep an eye on your home while you are away.
· Have your mail held at the post office and your newspaper delivery put on hold or ask a family member, friend or neighbor to pick them up for you.
· Set automatic timers to turn your lights on.