September 13, 2011
Firefighter Rescues Child from Burning House - Update
More than 45 firefighters responded to the fire at the height of operations. Fire Investigators on the scene conducted an origin and cause investigation. An examination of the scene revealed a fire that remained contained to the room of origin. The kitchen housed the washer and dryer. The fire originated in the electrical wiring feeding the electric dryer. The fire is listed as accidental and was caused by an unknown malfunction or failure of the 220 electrical plug/outlet to the dryer. The estimated damage is nearly $125, 000.
Montgomery County Firefighters will be conducting an “After the Fire” door-to-door outreach campaign in an effort to check smoke alarms and talk to residents about fire safety.
# # #