Thursday, September 15, 2011

Firefighters Going Door-to-Door in White Oak Neighborhood This Morning

This morning, Thursday, September 15, 2011, between 10 AM – 12 PM local fire-rescue crews from the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service will be going door-to-door in the neighborhood, 11400 block of December Way, where a large fire occurred very early this morning. Uniformed firefighters will be handing out fire and injury prevention information, offering to check smoke alarms and replacing batteries or smoke alarms if needed.

Having a functional smoke alarm is one of the simplest, most effective ways to reduce tragic deaths and injuries from fire. In fact, working smoke alarms nearly cut in half the risk of dying in a home fire. Fire Chief Richard Bowers notes, “The simplest thing a family can do to protect themselves from fire is to have working smoke alarms, on every level of their home, and to have a fire escape plan.”

No comments: