Battalion 1 Incidents
Battalion 2 Incidents
No significant incidents
Battalion 3 Incidents
• POTOMAC RIVER RESCUE at RILEYS LOCK @ 22800 C AND O CANAL - Units arrived on scene with 4 boaters who required assistance to the Virginia side. Non emergency.
• STABBING in the 14100 block of TRAVILAH RD – Units arrived to find 1 patient DOA. Suspect in custody & transported to a local hospital.
• Car into the building in the 9700 block of Traville Gateway Dr – Units arrived to find a sheared off gas meter with a 2 1/2" open main from shear - significant leak. Evacuated several mercantile occupancies downwind and addressed threatened businesses and apartments on Traville Garden & University of MD on Guldesky which reported strong odor. Incident mitigated quickly. 1 person from collision to a local area hospital.
• Hazardous Materials Incident in the 19300 block of Mateny Hill Road - CSX Freight Train with slow fuel leak from locomotive fuel cell. Haz Mat Unit mitigated with plug kit; total product lost about 150 gallons over entire route of travel.
• House fire in the 700 block of Wilson Ave – Fire Units arrived to find heavy fire on first floor of 1,100 sq ft Rancher. 1 civilian injury and 1 Fire Fighter injury. $280K in total damages.
• Barn Fire in the 9800 block of Fields Road. Barn well involved. Loss pending - cause under investigation.
Battalion 4 Incidents
• Pedestrians struck at Veirs Mill Rd / Centerhill St – Units arrived to find 2 pedestrians who had been struck by an auto. 1 trauma code and 1 priority 2 transported to a local area hospital.
• 12731 Layhill Rd Garden Apt Fire from roofers using torches. Box Alarm and RID. Loss: $50K Structure and $10k contents. Occupants of 2-3 units displaced and relocated within complex.
• 14809 Pennfield Circle - Original dispatch of adaptive, upgraded to box assignment for a high-rise apartment building - Units on scene w/nothing evident and building being evacuated - Food on stove with one sprinkler head activated, no extension - CE requested to scene - $5K loss.
Battalion 5 Incidents
• House Fire in the 16400 block of Keats Terrace – Fire units arrived on scene to find a fire in the kitchen. Fire quickly extinguished. Cause was food left on the stove. 1 adult displaced with $50K in Structure damage and $15K for contents.
• House Fire in the 1 block of Observation Ct- Fire units responded for alarm bells sounding and arrived on scene to find a kitchen fire with extension to the cabinets. Fire sprinkler system contained fire and limited damage to only $3K.