Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Health Care Fair @ JFK High School

I am attending a health care fair at JFK HS in Silver Spring all day today. It was organized by a group of students here and I am very impressed with the program they have put together.

I have interacted with roughly 300 students thus far and provided them with important fire and injury prevention information. A bit of a surprise is the amount of very good questions they have as most high school age kids tend to think they know it all or it is not important (me 30 something years ago).

They seem very engaged and want to know more for themselves as well as their families. Hopefully many smoke alarms will be tested and home escape plans developed tonight!
Stay Safe,

Bill Delaney
--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

No comments: