Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fire & Carbon Monoxide Risks During Cold Weather

As many of you are all too aware, winter is HERE! With temperatures well below the seasonal average, and looking to be here for the foreseeable future, I thought it would be a good time to remind all of you of some of the risks during cold weather.

I am really concerned that many people sometimes turn to drastic measures to heat their homes – especially if money is very tight. This can prove to be very dangerous! Even traditional alternative heating sources, such as a fireplace or space heaters can be dangerous if not used properly.

The winter months are traditionally a peak time for house fires and carbon monoxide poisonings in Montgomery County. Please take a moment to click on the below links and learn more about how to protect you and your loved ones:

Fire/Carbon Monoxide Risks During Cold Weather

Winter Fires: Safety Tips for the Home

Stay Safe and WARM!

Bill Delaney
Program Manager - Community Safety Education
Division of Community Risk Reduction Services
Montgomery County Fire & Rescue

No comments: