Battalion 2 Incidents
• Motor Vehicle Crash @ Little Falls & River Rd – Units arrived to find 1 person trapped in a car. Patient was extricated and transported, priority one, to local hospital.
• Metro Incident – Units dispatched for an adult male struck by, and trapped beneath, a Metro train at the Friendship Heights Metro Station. Units found an adult male suffering multiple system trauma, trapped under the center cars of the train. Personnel extricated, removed, and transported the patient. Assistance was provided by several units from DCFD. One firefighter injury (exhaustion).
• Apartment Fire in the 4800 block of Battery Lane. Units arrived to find a grease fire with extension in apartment on 3rd floor. One civilian with minor burns transported to the burn center. $3K damage to structure & $1K to contents.
• House Fire in the 7800 block of Woodrow Place. Units arrived to find light smoke showing from the home and a confined food fire on the stove. No damage to structure or contents.
Battalion 3 Incidents
• Hazardous Materials Incident in the 9600 block of Medical Center Drive - 4" Gas main ruptured by track dozer. Sheltering in place occupancies west of break (9700 - 9900 Medical Center - including Nursing facility & hospital).
• TRANSFER STATION Fire @ 16101 FREDERICK RD: Had fire in a loaded inter-modal container on the trash train. Used crane to off load. Dumped contents and used loader to assist in extinguishment. No damage or injuries.
• Motor Vehicle Crash @ Muncaster Mill/ Airpark - Units arrived to find a head on collision that injured 6 people total. All transported to area hospitals with varying degrees of severity.