Battalion 1 Incidents
• House Fire in the 15200 block of Watergate Rd - Units arrived to find a large deck attached to the house with a fire at far end from "fire pit." There was no extension to house. House remains occupied. Damage estimate of $15K.
• Motor Vehicle Crash @ Columbia Pike/Rt 29 – Units arrived to find 4 patients injured. All transported to local area hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
• Injured person to the rear Rosemary Hills Elem - Units found an adult female who jumped or fell from the overpass (12 foot fall). Units had ECC contact CSX and shut down rail traffic in both directions. Person transported to local hospital with a broken leg.
• Auto fire in the 15700 block of Holly Grove Road. E724 on the scene to find a single vehicle into a tree fully involved in fire. Upon further investigation 2 fatalities were found inside the vehicle. MCPD Zebra team and FEI notified.
Battalion 2 Incidents
• Apartment Fire in the 8100 block of Connecticut Ave. – Units arrived to find a fire that had been put out by fire sprinkler system. One civilian transported for smoke inhalation.
• Hazardous Materials Incident @6100 Connecticut Ave - Hazmat call for chemical spill in pump room for outdoor pool. Had unknown quantity of chlorine solution that leaked due to worn out hose. Hazmat evaluated/diluted. One pool employee BLS patient evaluated/no transport.
Battalion 3 Incidents
• Townhouse fire in the 18900 block of Ebbtide Cir- End of row townhouse struck by lightning that started a fire on the exterior 2nd floor at eave of the townhouse with minor extension into the attic. $25K damage to structure and $1K to contents. No injuries.
Battalion 4 Incidents
• House Fire in the 3600 block of Pimlico Pl – Units arrived on scene with fire showing from attached garage. All occupants out. Fire quickly extinguished. Possible cause: LP BBQ near house, possible malfunction. 1 person sustained burns to hands and transported to area hospital. $50K damage to structure and $30K to contents. 1 family displaced.
• Apartment Fire in the 2300 block of Glenallan Ave. - - Co 18 on the scene w/ heavy smoke and working kitchen fire. A second alarm was sounded. Quick extinguishment and fire contained to the kitchen & vent system. Cause: unattended cooking: Transported one fire fighter and one civilian with minor injuries to local hospital.
• House Fire in the 12800 block of Valleywood Drive.. Units arrived to find fire through the roof of a single story vacant house. Two fire fighters with minor injuries. Cause most probably lightning strike. $300K damage to structure and $50K to contents.
Battalion 5 Incidents
• House Fire in the 25500 block of Woodfield Rd – Units arrived and found smoke coming from the house and found a fire on the first floor. Fire quickly extinguished. Cause is under investigation.
• Hazardous Materials Incident @ Burdette Forest & Snowden Farm Pkwy – Units arrived to find a 4" gas line struck. No damage or injuries.
• Apartment Fire in the 18900 block of Smoothstone Way - Units on scene with smoke showing in the front of a 3 story garden apartment. Units found a dryer fire with extension into apartment. 1 family displaced and damages estimated at $10K.
• House Fire in the 23100 block of Newcut Road - Units on scene with nothing evident. Found a small fire that was extinguished by fire sprinkler. Damage estimate of only $3K.
• Water Rescues in various locations including 500 Block of N. Frederick Ave, Quince Orchard Rd & QO Blvd, and SB I-270 @ Muddy Branch Road. Several vehicle occupants removed from harm. No transports. Please do not drive through flooded streets!!!