Thursday, April 28, 2011

Champion in Pink – Turning Grief into Hope



Montgomery County, Maryland Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Firefighter Marshall Moneymaker lost three sisters to breast cancer and is on a personal mission to raise awareness about the disease as a tribute to his sisters. As the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure comes to the area, Moneymaker was presented with pink turnout gear as a surprise from co-workers in support of his efforts and passion to find a cure.

Manufacturers from Municipal Emergency Services (MES), Globe Manufacturing and Bullard Safety Products all donated the special turn-out gear and equipment in support of the firefighter. And while the gear won’t be worn to fight any fires, it will be worn to ignite and promote breast cancer awareness and the importance of early detection. Moneymaker hopes that people are checking him out … and getting checked. Visit www.for3sisters.com for more information. 

2 comments:

Dreamer said...

You go!!! Make a stand!!! I love the pink!!!I love the way you wear it so proud!!!!

Anonymous said...

I met Marshall Moneymaker Wed 10/26/11,the bother of Three sisters.He told me his life experience and it has not left my mind at all today.I am sure the sisters are proud of you Marshall.Only real Men wear Pink,keep up this honer and never let it slep away.My wife and I will attend a veiwing tonight for a very good freind,she was 56 and put up a good fight to beat cancer.