* Forest Glen Metro - reported smoke in the metro station. Fire units found worker's cleaning the tracks and a overheated motor. Fire Fighters assisted in clearing smoke and smoke alarms.* 7400 Block of Jackson Avenue - Report of smoke in the home. Fire Units arrived to find a defective wall outlet. No reported injuries, displacements, or dollar loss.
* Hazardous Materials response to the 1700 Block of April La - GAS / PIPELINE LEAK. Fire Units and the Hazardous Materials Team dispatched for a 2" gas main leak outside next to buildings. Fire Units assisted with evacuation of buildings and monitored the situation until Washington Gas shut off the leak.
* Fire in the building at Walter Reed Building 503 - Cabinet on fire in a 3rd floor break room. Fire extinguished by sprinkler system. Confirmed no extension to other parts of the building and worked on clearing smoke from area. No reported injuries or displacements, unknown dollar loss.
* Bethesda Metro Station 7450 Wisconsin Ave. – Person hit by metro train. Fire Units found severely injured 16 year old female under third car back. Following safety precautions, patient removed and transported to area hospital. Scene turned over to WMATA for investigation.
* Pedestrian struck 5000 Block of River Rd.- Medic Unit 741 transported an elderly female to area hospital as Trauma Code.
* River Rescue – River Rescue Team responded for report of two adult males in a canoe missing for an extended period. Multi-jurisdictional efforts provided successful rescue of a 18year old male and a 65 year old male w/ no reported injuries. Boaters entered Algonkian Boat Ramp (Va) w/ plans on exiting Rivers Bend Park (Va) when their canoe capsized north of Watkins Island. Incident involved numerous units from Fairfax, Loudon and MCFRS.
* Stabbing in the 13400 Block of Daventry Way – Fire Units found an adult male w/stab wounds after an assault. Units found person in custody of MCPD and Ambulance 722 transported to a local medical facility w/superficial injuries.
* Trauma Injury in the 10900 block of Bolton Drive – Fire Units found delivery worker w/neuro trauma after lift gate of truck failed w/4000 lbs load on it. Transported Priority 2 to Shock Trauma via Trooper 3. Incident being investigated by MOSH.
* Kitchen Fire in the 700 block of Monroe Street – Fire Units responded to a Garden Apartment w/report of kitchen fire in 1st floor apartment. Units found fire that was confined to oven. No loss/injuries/displacements.
* Water Rescue at 1408 Dickerson Regional park. River Rescue Team dispatched for a report of four stranded in waist high water by canal. All four persons retrieved by Boat 714B. No injuries.
* Water Rescue at Whites Ferry - River Rescue Team dispatched for a report of twenty scouts stranded (land locked). All personnel removed by land or air, then moved to Fire Station 14 for shelter. No injuries.
* Apartment Fire in the 3100 block of Hewitt Ave – Fire units arrived on the scene of a reported apartment fire and found smoke showing. Fire Fighters then found fire confined to oven. $1000 damage to contents and no injuries.
* Apartment Fire in the 400 block of Russell Avenue – Reported smoke in 4th floor apartment. Fire Units arrived and found small fire in the walls of unit. Fire quickly extinguished same. $150 loss to contents and no injuries or displacements.
* Fire and Rescue Units dispatched to incident on Stevenson Dr for possible pediatric code. Company 34 and Medic 708 arrived with 8 month old in cardiac arrest. Infant transported to local hospital. County Police Detectives are investigating.