Battalion 1 Incidents
• Apartment Fire 3300 block Teagarden Circle. Fire Units arrived at a 4 story garden apartment complex w/ fire on the 2nd floor. A Second Alarm was requested. Fire was quickly suppressed and the Second Alarm units were not used and returned. One civilian patient was evaluated for chest pain. Damage was estimated at $10K for the structure and $3K for the contents.
• Kitchen Fire in the 9400 block of Curran Road. Fire Units responded to a report of fire in the kitchen. Fire was already out upon arrival of units. No reported injuries or displacements and damage was estimated at $5K.
Battalion 2 Incidents
• Truck Fire South Bound 270 at Inner Loop of 495 – Fire Units found 1 large, fully loaded cargo trailer (Salvation Army) on fire. Fire quickly extinguished though extensive overhaul was required. Approximate loss of trailer and contents $7K.
Battalion 3 Incidents
• Inland Water Rescue – An Adult male was stranded near Marble Quarry Camp Area. Person was retrieved by Boat 714B without incident.
• River Rescue - Adult female stranded in a tree after falling
out of her kayak in river. Rescued by Boat 730.
• House Fire in the 22200 block of Beallsville Road. Fire Units arrived on the scene to find heavy fire on two floors of 1300 sq ft home built circa 1900. No one was home at the time. $300K damage and the cause is still under investigation. One Fire Fighter sustained minor injuries and a total of four occupants were displaced.
• House Fire in the 8500 block of Scarboro Court. Fire Units arrived on scene and found a fire that started in kitchen area on the 1st floor. An unconscious, elderly male was located in a second floor bedroom and removed from the structure. Advanced Life Support treatment was initiated immediately and he was transported to a local Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later. A second elderly male was located outside the house and he also was treated and transported to a local Hospital for evaluation of smoke inhalation. Damage totals TBD.
Battalion 4 Incidents
• Car Crash in the 1900 Block of Brighton Dam Rd at the bridge. Fire Fighters found a single occupant in a pick up truck that had gone over the guard rail and hit a tree head on. Truck was teetering on guard rail and hanging over the water below. Significant vehicle stabilization was done by Rescue Squad 704 and Rescue Squad 5 from Howard County. Crews removed roof and initiated a lengthy extrication. Occupant was transported to a local Hospital with life threatening injuries.
• House Fire in the 1500 block of Windham Lane – Fire Units arrived on the scene with fire showing from a 1 story single family dwelling. There was $75K in damage to the structure and $50K in contents. No injuries reported.
• Car Crash Norbeck Rd / Hannans Way. Fire Units found a single vehicle car crash with a single occupant trapped. Patient was extricated by Truck 725 & Rescue Squad 703. Patient transport with serious but not life threatening injuries to a local hospital.
Battalion 5 Incidents
• Person Struck by Train at Chestnut St at the CSX tracks. Fire Units found one female struck by a freight train. MCFRS and MCPD on the scene almost instantaneously and found a deceased adult female. Investigation being handled by MCPD.
• Car/Bus Crash at Muncaster Mill Rd/ Woodfield Rd. Fire Units found a Car and Ride-On bus that had collided. A Mass Casualty Incident was declared for 6 priority 3 (minor injuries) patients. All patients were transported to a local hospital.
• Car Crash at Muncaster Mill & Bowie Mill. Fire Units found a single vehicle car crash with adult male trapped 200 feet off road. Patient extricated and transported to a local hospital with serious injuries.