• House Fire in the 4100 block of Edgevale Ct. Fire Units arrived to find smoke showing from one side of the house with a working bedroom fire and all occupants out. Contained and extinguished quickly. Two occupants displaced. $250K loss to structure and $50K to contents.
• Hazardous Materials Incident in the 20 block of W. Irving Street - Hazmat call for Nitric Acid Spill inside a single family home. Fire Units found very small spill which was cleaned up by Haz Mat Unit.
Battalion 3 Incidents
• Drowning at Wisteria & Sky Blue Drive - Units responded to a reported drowning at Gunners Lake. Units AOS to find working code and transported to a local hospital.
• Hazardous Materials Incident in the 12400 block of Parklawn Dr., (NIH Fed facility) for unknown powder spill on first floor. Powder was residue from steam autoclave disinfectant machine due to incomplete combustion. Tested powder, no hazard at all. No loss or injuries.
• Injury in the 16600 block of W Willard Rd @ Poolesville GC - one run over by golf cart. Patient transported Priority 2 with significant injuries to a local hospital.
• Gas Leak in the 5700 block of Stillwell Rd - Significant Inside gas leak. Evacuations of near by homes required until situation mitigated.
• Disabled Boat @ Whites Ferry – Service Call for Tow of disabled boat. Significant water & aerial assets utilized. Were able to tow boat to Rileys Lock
Battalion 4 Incidents
• House Fire in the 14000 block of Punch Street - Fire Units found a propane grill that had been on fire on a deck with a wood frame roof overhead. Fire had been extinguished by garden hose prior to arrival. $1K loss to contents and $4K to the structure.
• House Fire in the 13000 block of Beacon Hallow Lane - Dispatched for a house filling with smoke. Fire Units arrived on scene with nothing showing, and quickly determine cause to be overheated garbage disposal.
Battalion 5 Incidents
• Motor Vehicle Crash in the 13600 block of Parkland Dr - Fire Units found a small SUV that went off road into a 1 story house, trapping occupants of the car. Low-tech rescue from car confirmed 2 occupants 1 with minor injuries and 1 arrested by MCPD. 3 occupants of the house, 1 transported to an area hospital for evaluation.