Battalion 1 Incidents
• Motor Vehicle Crash Colesville Road @ Silgo Creek PKWY – Fire units found 2 vehicles w/ 3 trauma patients (1 trapped & 1 pinned). 1 MCPD officer 2 civilian patients transported to local hospitals.
• House Fire in the 3 block of Hickory Ave – Fire units arrived to find smoke showing from the roof. Fire started on the rear below the deck and spread to the attic then entered the structure. $400K damage to structure and $200K to contents
Battalion 2 Incidents
• River Rescue at Purple Horse Beach. Units retrieved a 16 year old female w/ a minor ankle injury. Patient, and mother, refused further treatment.
Battalion 3 Incidents
• House Fire in the 13000 block of Mustang Hill La - Fire started on exterior of rear of home possibly due to improperly discarded smoking materials that ignited decking & siding. Fire extended into attic was through the roof on arrival of fire units. Exterior & interior coordinated attack extinguished fire. $200K damage to structure and $100K to contents.
• Building Fire in the 11100 block of Rockville Pike – Fire units arrived and found fire on the 1st floor. A 2nd Alarm was called for. Three business involved and impacted. 1 Fire Fighter transported to local hospital for heat issues.
Battalion 4 Incidents
• House Fire in the 4000 block of Glenridge St- Fire units arrived and found a fire in the basement. Fire fighters were able to contain fire to one room. No injuries with loss of $10K in structure and $5K for the contents.
• House Fire in the 12100 block of Veirs Mill Rd. – Fire units arrived on scene with smoke showing. Fire fighters found fire out and reported it to be food left on the stove with no extension but heavy smoke.
• Apartment Fire in the 5500 block of Burnside Dr. – Fire units arrived on scene and found a fire on balcony of one apartment. The fire was contained to the balcony. Damage estimated at $300 to structure and $500 to contents. Cause determined to be discarded smoking material.
Battalion 5 Incidents
• Hazardous Materials Incident in the1 block of Observation Court - Hazmat call for unknown chemical ("white powder") found on several vehicles in the parking lot of an apartment complex. Haz Mat crew determined the substance was table salt. Referred to MCPD for vandalism investigation.
• Trauma Injury from a fall in the 6500 block of Olney-Laytonsville Road - Counselor/lifeguard fell from lifeguard stand onto pool deck & into pool. C-spine stabilized by staff in the pool prior to fire units arrival. Patient treated & transported to local hospital as a Priority 2/Category C trauma.