The family of seven was home at the time of the fire. An occupant of the home had been using a stove in the basement prior to the fire and 5-10 minutes after the family member returned upstairs, the basement smoke alarm began sounding. All occupants safely evacuated the home.
One firefighter sustained a minor burn injury to the hand.
The family of seven was displaced and is now staying with family in the area. Damages were estimated to be $175K to the home and $50K to the contents. The fire is listed as undetermined.
MCFRS would like to remind all residents that working smoke alarms can save your life!