- MCFRS Home
- Chief's Blog
Monday, February 8, 2010
Scary was one incident in which a total of 8 people (1 infant, 3 toddlers and 4 adults) were transported to two area hospitals in a near tragic outcome. In that instance, initial reports indicate that a grill was being used indoors to heat the house.
Likewise, there was another CO incident involving someone grilling inside to cook! Needless to say, bringing grills inside to either help with heating or cooking are tremendously bad ideas. Gas or charcoal – it does not matter.
If your power is out, please know that the county has provided several different shelter locations that you can go to for warmth and food and shelter! Go here for more on that: Montgomery County to Open Two Additional Shelters at 4 p.m. for Residents Affected by Power Outages
There were also a few other emergency responses that could be tied to the cold weather! Please take a moment to look at some of our related safety tips below. My hope is that many of you without power do have cell phones and other similar devices that you can get this message and act appropriately. Also if you know of someone who is without power, please pass the word!
Fire & Carbon Monoxide Risks During Cold Weather
Stay safe out there!
Information & Disclaimer
If you are reporting an emergency call
Social Media Policy: http://montgomerycountymd.gov/content/mcginfo/siteFiles/socialMediaPolicy.asp
Our Social Media & Web Links
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (225)
- Another Potential Storm On Way - Be Prepared!
- Help Your Fire Department – Adopt-a-Hydrant
- A quick tutorial on how to find your neighborhood ...
- Milestone residents "dig in" for fire safety
- Fire Fighter Bob Talks About Keeping Your Fire Hyd...
- Use Extreme Caution When Driving and Walking
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Water Leaking Into Home Contributes to Fire
- NEWS ADVISORY - Winter Safety Tips
- Danger May Lurk Above!
- Region’s Fire Chiefs Encourage Residents to Take S...
- How To Find Your Nearest Fire Hydrant
- This is how your fire hydrants should be cleared
- ANOTHER WINTER STORM WARNING
- Beware Carbon Monoxide Poisoning! Several Near Tra...
- Montgomery County govt. closed on Monday
- Montgomery County Officials Urge Residents to Shov...
- Volunteers With 4-Wheel Drive Vehicles Needed
- DOT - Real Time Traffic
- Stay Home and Stay Warm!
- Storm Update
- Snow, Snow, and then - more SNOW!
- WINTER STORM WARNING
- Winter Storm - Be Prepared!
- Video Update and Safety Tip
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ► 2008 (21)