- MCFRS Home
- Chief's Blog
Thursday, February 4, 2010
As I posted during our December storm, please make sure you keep your local fire hydrant clear of any snow so that our people can readily see them and use them in case of fire. Help us to help you if need be!
Also, if you are physically fit, please consider helping your neighbors who may not be able to shovel or help themselves.
Please take some time to prepare for this potential monster storm. If anything less than the worst occurs, then you will be more than ready! But please take a moment to click below and review some steps you should take, and some items you should have on hand, to prepare for the weather.
Winter Weather Tips
Delays, Closings, & Other Information Due to Winter Storms & Emergencies
In effect, you may be asked to “Shelter in Place” this weekend. Make sure you have the tools and supplies necessary so that you can safely stay at home until the roadways are cleared.
As always – Stay Safe!
Program Manager - Community Safety Education
Division of Community Risk Reduction Services
Montgomery County Fire & Rescue
Information & Disclaimer
If you are reporting an emergency call
Social Media Policy: http://montgomerycountymd.gov/content/mcginfo/siteFiles/socialMediaPolicy.asp
Our Social Media & Web Links
- ► 2014 (87)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (225)
- Another Potential Storm On Way - Be Prepared!
- Help Your Fire Department – Adopt-a-Hydrant
- A quick tutorial on how to find your neighborhood ...
- Milestone residents "dig in" for fire safety
- Fire Fighter Bob Talks About Keeping Your Fire Hyd...
- Use Extreme Caution When Driving and Walking
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Water Leaking Into Home Contributes to Fire
- NEWS ADVISORY - Winter Safety Tips
- Danger May Lurk Above!
- Region’s Fire Chiefs Encourage Residents to Take S...
- How To Find Your Nearest Fire Hydrant
- This is how your fire hydrants should be cleared
- ANOTHER WINTER STORM WARNING
- Beware Carbon Monoxide Poisoning! Several Near Tra...
- Montgomery County govt. closed on Monday
- Montgomery County Officials Urge Residents to Shov...
- Volunteers With 4-Wheel Drive Vehicles Needed
- DOT - Real Time Traffic
- Stay Home and Stay Warm!
- Storm Update
- Snow, Snow, and then - more SNOW!
- WINTER STORM WARNING
- Winter Storm - Be Prepared!
- Video Update and Safety Tip
- ▼ February (26)
- ► 2009 (88)
- ► 2008 (21)