Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Attic Fire In Rockville Home

At approximately 12:26 p.m. on Monday, July 4, MCFRS units were dispatched to the 1000 block of Julian Place in the City of Rockville for a report of an odor of smoke. While en route to the call, it was upgraded to a full assignment for a house fire.

Units arrived on scene to find a one story single family dwelling with smoke coming from the attic. Upon investigation, firefighters found a small fire in a bathroom fan that had extended into the attic near the fan. The fire was quickly extinguished.

All occupants of the home had safely exited. No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported. Approximately 35 firefighters were on scene. Damages were estimated at $10,000.00 total.

No comments: